the new blog:
I'll be posting from there from now on, as we've moved far, far away from Philly :)
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
- started work yesterday. At the Stanford. Very nice. I'm excited!
- I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get around this durn campus!
- Two of the women I work with went to Cal. Makes me think of my Ma. And Cod!
- I got my ID cards. I think I look like Reese Witherspoon. Let me have my delusions, OK?
- We tried to find her house in Ojai when I was visiting my parents. It was largely a wild goose chase, but we got to see some fancy houses and neighborhoods for a bit.
- We are living in an RV in one of the more depressing RV parks I've ever seen. I want to get out now. But we can't find housing yet. The cats are ready to kill each other and us. It's actually not too bad, it's just cramped. And I'd like to have some more space.
- We bought a bunch of DVDs at the bargain bin in Best Buy. Including all three Austin Powers movies, and a set of 8 Spaghetti Westerns. It gives us a little something to do every night!
- Hopefully we will find a place to live today. Or tomorrow. Soon :)