Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Finally Here!

I must admit, it almost feels like Christmas today. People are partying all over the world because of our choice in leadership. How great is that? I am home today, watching all the festivities and taking in all the hoopla to hopefully one day tell my kids about the day we inaugurated the first African American president! Yay! I'm not sure what changes Obama will make. I can't know how much worse things will get before they get better. I can only have HOPE for the future. And I can only HOPE that this President will bring us together, weigh decisions with a intellect our previous president has not demonstrated and restore our standing in the world. I also hope that Obama promotes equality and education, promotes environmental causes and gets us the hell out of Iraq.

Yay! Here's to new beginnings!

PS: and I love Michelle Obama - finally! a career woman in the White House!

No comments: