Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Schtuff

Back home in Philly after whirlwind trips to CA. Going home is both good and bad. It reminds me how much I miss my family and friends and my hometown. It also proves to me how crazy I am for moving to the East Coast. It's freezing here right now and it was in the high 80s when I was in Oxnard. Such a bummer, dude! I am sooooo not ready to get back to work, even tho I have a laundry list of things I need to get done. Feeling lazy and wanting to go on vacation again. Do you ever find you need a vacation after you've been on vacation? Yeah, I feel like I need that today. My travels were surprisingly easy, and I have to say that I was met with nothing but luck my entire travel experience. I purchased some last minute tickets through Hotwire where they give you a much cheaper rate for flying, but you have no idea what airline you are flying on or when you are leaving. Lucky for us, we got the United nonstop flight out on Fri night leaving at 6pm and getting in at 9pm, which was exactly what we wanted. Sadly, our flight was delayed and delayed, but United was super cool, booking us on a bunch of other flights, trying to get us to LAX earlier. When it was clear our nonstop to LAX would leave, just 5 hours late, we decided to go for that one, since being stuck in Denver or Chicago would not work for us. They gave us meal vouchers ($15 each!) and the flight was nearly empty, which gave us plenty of room to spread out. Coming back, our flight left on time (with a woman pilot, too! soooo exciting!) and got in early. We weren't seated together, so I asked if we might be able to sit together and they gave us the seats in the exit row (tons of legroom!). The flight was uneventful and pretty short. Weather was cool here in Philly, but it felt nice to be home (again). Now I've got things I have to take care of, like, I think my cat is sick, I feel like I'm coming down with something (my throat hurts), our roof is leaking, I have a ton of expts to do, but I'm just not feeling it. My house is pretty messy, I have loads of laundry to do and I'd like to plant some flowers in the backyard. Whew! I don't know how people have jobs in which they travel all the time. I'd like to to be a loooooong time before I see the inside of an airplane again.....

1 comment:

Randi said...

Remember that one time when I picked you up at LAX at 2 a.m.?
Cresy.