Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Too Much to do..

  • we moved this past weekend - it was kinda a mess. I didn't have enough boxes and was still packing as friends arrived to help. Both our old street and our new streets are very narrow. Alex scraped a car as he went by - causing more of a headache than we needed.
  • our friends are lifesavers and troopers. They helped us load and unload two truckloads of our junk and stuck around for pizza afterwards. It was awesome. I felt very loved since this is literally the first time anyone but my parents have helped me move. And I've moved A LOT.
  • the new place is super duper. It's so lovely, I am waiting for something to be wrong with it.
  • that something that is wrong with it happened the night before last. The roof leaks - right over our bed. Oh yeah, I am super excited about this. But the landlord seems really responsive and the roofers are coming today, hopefully.
  • bike commuting is not as easy as it seems. People who drive are kinda jerks. But it is really nice to go door to door in less than 30 minutes. Faster than walking for sure!
  • Alex is doing a half iron man triathlon this weekend. For the uninitiated, that's a 1.2 mile swim in a reservoir, a 60 mile bike ride and a half marathon (13.1 mile run). In one day. Yeah. Should be fun!
  • I'm not sure what's going on with this weather lately. It was really hot and humid a couple days ago, then it was pleasant (like, 70s), and then it went back into the 50s and it's been freezing, raining and chilly for days now. Summer anyone?
  • Working in my lab has gotten pretty lonely. There's only 2 of us. We don't have a lot to talk about. I am so ready to be done it's not even funny.
  • We finally got our engagement pics back. If you promise not to tell my mom, I might post some.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I want to see the pictures!