Monday, September 20, 2010
(courtesy of coodence)
1) In the last 2 weeks, I have travelled over 5200 miles. 4000 of those were by airplane, while 1200 were by a 1921 Model T Ford.
2) I took over 650 pictures, which I am sure you will be subjected to over the next few weeks.
3) We spent nearly one week in Yellowstone, followed by one week on the road around Yellowstone.
4) We visited two states, Wyoming and Montana.
5) We drove with nearly 20 other Model Ts, which included going through a pass at 11,000 feet, as well as driving on a road with a 10% grade.
6) Surprisingly, the T got about 20 miles to the gallon, and did not break down once, while my parents, in their modern motorhome, had a hell of a time getting up to Jackson, WY.
7) Alex and I packed all our things in one suitcase and two backpacks.
8) The first few days, the temperature hovered around 32 degrees! We were very thankful for the hot pockets my cousin Alison brought along.
9) We saw countless animals, including numerous buffalo, two moose, several elk (including on standing atop a ridge at sunset, bellowing to the females), many, many deer, one fox or coyote, and thousands of stuffed animals.
10) We stayed in 10 different places over two weeks. I am both glad and sad to be home. Back to work!