Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monday Numbers (a day late)

  • This past weekend consisted of 3 days of over 100 degree weather. Needless to say, we didn't do too much!
  • On Saturday, we went to a BBQ for our dance studio. Thankfully, we found some shade at the place, and we proceeded to behave like 12 year olds, throwing water at each other, dumping giant vats of ice water on people, and sliding on a slip n' slide. Nothing quite like the heat loonies to bring out the child in you!
  • On Sunday, it was our day of rest. I didn't leave the house, it was so hot. I ended up making lots of things with our farmshare and cleaning the house. I also discovered that our wedding invitations came with the wrong size envelopes. So, there will be a slight delay (perhaps one week?) in getting the invites out. Hopefully that won't mess anyone up!
  • Yesterday, I picked up our farmshare, and it included two watermelons! Now, how am I going to carry those home?
  • Things are moving along in lab, I've got my own mice to hang out with, about 20 of them. They seem pretty cool, so far (perhaps not as cool as the frogs, though!)
  • We've started coordinating our first dance! Should be lots of fun!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Your watermelons bring to mind that scene in Dirty Dancing.