Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Numbers - now improved! with pictures!

  • I did not pack any boxes this weekend.
  • I drove Broad St to my friend's house. That's the street that I ran 10 miles on. It's pretty far. I was just a little bit proud of myself. 
  • Alex defends his thesis in about two weeks. His thesis is due this week to his committee. And then he gets to put together an hour long talk.
  • Its Penn graduation. It's been one year since I graduated. 
  • This past weekend was gorgeous, near 80 degrees and just stunning. I hope it happens again!
  • I got a new camera. It's red. It's the first camera I've bought in over 7 years. I love it. I will use it often :) Use illustrated below.
  • We have about 7 weeks left here in Philly. Things are starting to get a little crazy around here! On Saturday, I worked for 4 hours. Then we headed out to REI, where we got two bike racks for the car.  We tested out the bike racks by putting my bike up on the car. I have no idea how noisy these things might be, but this is how we're gonna drive across the country! Wahoo!

Alex adjusts the bike up on the car. Thankfully, he knows what he's doing. But I have to keep thinking, "We're gonna drive to Canada in this?" Crazy, right?
  • On Sunday, I got to head out to my friend Lisa's house in the 'burbs, about 30 miles away. It's the first time I've been out to see her, so it was a lot of fun. We drove all around the area, and I took a few pictures, illustrated below. 
I found an old Ford, selling drinks at Peddler's Village. I had to get my picture in front of it, of course!
This is the Delaware River. It separates New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I thought it was pretty. Oh, and also? We were driving when I took this picture!

I saw this flower at a market. Are you kidding me? Those are my wedding colors! All in a flower! So pretty!

This was taken in Lambertville, NJ. There are just amazing houses there, Victorian, with turrets and just beautiful detailing. I loved walking those neighborhoods!

And this is a canal that parallels the Delaware river. In the olden days, the only way to get up river was to have a mule team pull you up river. Often, they would dig these canals next to rivers, which could help isolate traffic going upriver. Obviously, there is no need for these now, so they've become this lovely little area with a footpath and restaurants lining the canals.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Love the photos!