Thursday, June 17, 2010

Left out

Yesterday, I got the saddest email from Alex. His lab had gone to lunch for some people's birthday and he was not invited. They even had the gall to ask him to sign the birthday cards. At first, I just felt that blow to your stomach, that feeling of rejection, and I just felt so bad for him. How rude, right? I mean, I know there are probably people you work with who you may not like that much. But, you know what? We're all adults, and everyone should be included, no matter who they are. EVERYONE.
That's my public service announcement for today.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I'm pretty sure they taught us that in Pre-K when EVERYONE had to get a Valentine and if you were having a birthday party you had to invite EVERYONE in your class.
Jerks.

Nice layout, by the way.
Word verification? asman. As in "Randi's husband is an asman because he likes big butts and he cannot lie."