Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yoga for the Day

So, I've been taking yoga now for over a year and I love it. I'm currently in 3 classes, which gives me a great range of stuff I can do / am learning how to do. So I thought I'd suggest a couple things to do that I really like and are really nice.
1) Hot? Open your mouth, roll your tongue up and breathe through your mouth. Cooling, right?
2) When I stress, my jaw and face tighten up alot. Try a move called Lion's Breath. Take a deep breath in, all the way into your belly, then as you exhale, open your mouth and stick your tongue out like you're roaring like a lion.
3) Another one of my favorite poses is a hip releaser. I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders and my hips, so this one is great. Sit in a cross legged position, with one leg in front of the other, instead of on top. Breathe in deeply and extend your hands behind you and clasp them behind your back. As you exhale, lean forward and bring your forehead to the ground and your clasped hands behind you and try to reach over your head. Repeat with the other leg in front.
Now, don't you feel relaxed?

1 comment:

Randi said...

I totally did those things as I read them.
Your words are very powerful.