Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy Week

Man, you guys! Has this week been crazy. Let's review.
  • how about that debate, eh? I thought Obama did well, but McCain can be such a pain sometimes. We think he's coming down with dementia because he keeps saying the same things over and over again.
  • Dear people who drive, Hi, I;m a pedestrian. We walk on these things called "sidewalks" which are generally exclusively for pedestrians. You should look for us when you drive through them. Thanks.....
  • Seen those interviews with Sarah Palin? Scary, eh? I can't believe she can't name any other Supreme Court decisions other than Roe v. Wade. I also can't believe she has no idea what the Bush Doctrine is.
  • Dear Sarah Palin, golly gee, gosh darn it, I am AN INTELLIGENT WOMAN WHO IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS INTELLIGENT TO LEAD THE COUNTRY. Not you. You know what, you don't have to talk down to me, or wink at me, or act all cutesy at me during your debate. You can actually just tell me how you feel about the issues you are concerned with. You don't have to use your sex as a tool to get people to listen to you.
  • Ummm...hello? Both the Phillies and the Dodgers in the playoffs? OMG...I am in heaven! Unless they play each other....oh, that's gonna be a tough one....
  • I kid you not, I went to a seminar today. The boss introduced his student as having recently practiced "reproductive biology" because she just had a kid in July. Are you kidding me? Can you say "sexism" in front of 50 people? When is this OK? NEVER.
  • This is the first time in my 30 years of being alive that I am actually considering living outside of the US. Really, is it that bad? Yes, it is. Funding for professors is the lowest it's been in years. The gov't no longer wants to fund basic science research and if McCain is elected then this trend will continue. And no jobs will be found for me and my boyfriend leading me to leave the country. Nice, right?
  • BTW, in case you are wondering, DRILLING OFFSHORE WILL RUIN OUR ECOLOGY AND OUR COASTLINE. Just in case you were wondering.
  • Sorry this post is so schitzo, but I've been drinking in order to deal with the whole debate and the election coming up. Anxiety much? Yes, absolutely.

No comments: