Monday, October 4, 2010

Numbers Monday

  • drove a couple hundred kilometers this weekend, shopping for bicycles, bicycle parts and getting bicycles fixed. Oh, and also attending a bicycle race. Ironic that we drove a car to these things, right? Oddly enough? The rental car was set up in kilometers - as in, the mileage, trip and regular odometer, and gas efficiency was in kilometers. Perhaps the car was Canadian?
  • Had at least 14 hour days, both on Sat and Sunday. I am exhausted!
  • Got to visit with La Chang and her professor husband. They live only about 30 miles from Philadelphia, but the drive takes at least an hour!
  • Awoke at 6am both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, we headed to Trexlertown (I can't make this up, people) for the semi annual bike swap, which opened at 8:30am. We got there at 8:45am, and the line was out the door, around the corner and down the street. Who knew cycling was that popular?
  • I purchased a road bike for myself, so I can try to keep up with Alex. The bike was marked down from $1200 to nearly half off. Problem is? I spent my wedding dress money on it. Whoops! Haha!
  • I am not looking forward to the rain over the next three days. The weather has changed dramatically, from high 70s to high 40s in the last two days. Brrrr!
  • Our house now has 4 bikes, one bike trainer, two toolboxes, three new sets of brake pads, two helmets and 8 different blinky lights for the bikes. We have more bikes than furniture at this point. I hope you don't come over soon. Our house looks like a bike garage.

2 comments:

Randi said...

That's a lotta bikes!

Coodence said...

Dude! You are super busy!! I hope you are doing well!

My word verification is resin. Ha!